Joined: 24 Mar 2017
Posted: Mon Nov 13, 2017 11:33 am ()
Post subject: Copy DVD to QNAP NAS for Samsung TV Watching via Kodi
|Some DVD fans are looking for a perfect way to make commercial DVD streamed to Samung TV via Kodi on QNAP, which is a powerful, reliable, secure and scalable NAS solution designed for mission-critical business applications and to meet fast growing data storage needs. As we all know, almost all DVD movies are encrypted with copy protection. Decryption keys are stored in the normally inaccessible lead-in area of the disc. You'll usually get an error if you try to copy the contents of an encrypted DVD to NAS, even the copied m2ts files. This post focuses on solutions for solving this issue.
Before going any further, the first thing we should take into consideration is what file formats can be streamed to Samsung TV via Kodi on QNAP NAS. QNAP NAS is just a network attached storage device which has no limitation for the file formats stored on it. In other words, the streaming file formats should be compatible both with Kodi (kodi.wiki/view/Features_and_supported_formats)and your Samsung TV (www.samsung.com/us/support/answer/ANS00050186/). To sum up, you can choose to rip/convert your commercial DVD movies to AVI, WMV, MPEG-1, MPEG-2, MPEG-4 AVC (H.264), MKV, QuickTime MOV, FLV, 3GP, ASF, etc that work both on Kodi on your Samsung TV.
To copy DVD movies to QNAP NAS for streaming on Samsung TV via Kodi, you need a professional third software which enbales you directly unlock commercial DVD movies to Samsung TV preset profile format with all the suitable profile parameters well set. Pavtube DVDAid (www.multipelife.com/dvdaid-review.html) stands out from its crowd (www.multipelife.com/best-dvd-ripper-for-windows-10.html) will never let you down.
Main Features of Pavtube DVDAid
Pavtube DVDAid for Windows (www.multipelife.com/dvdaid) | Mac (www.multipelife.com/dvdaid-mac)
Step by Step to Convert DVD to QNAP NAS for Samsung TV Watching via Kodi
- Copy and convert DVD to virtually any video and audio formats like popular H.265/HEVC MKV, H.265/HEVC MP4, H.264 MP4, H.264 MKV, MOV, WMV, ProRes, etc for QNAP NAS, Kodi, Samsung TV, iDevice and Android devices, and more.
- Through configuring the video and audio resolution, bitrate, frame rate, sample rate, channel, it grants you to get most compatible video for your devices or software.
- All-round devices presets have been equipped with the optimized video and audio parameters, you don't have to do any settings change.
- With easy-to-use video editing functions, you can trim, crop video, or add text watermark, or add external SRT/ASS/SSA subtitles to your DVD movies or replace the audio in the video.
Step 1: Load DVD files to the program.
Click "File" menu, and select "Load from disc", Load from folder" or "Load IFO/ISO" to import source DVD disc files.
Step 2: Specify output file format.
Click "Format" drop-down list, scroll down the main menu on the left, select "TVs", from its extended otpion list, choose "Samsung TV (*.mp4)".
Step 3: Add additional subtitles(Optional).
Click the "Subtitle" tab in "Video Editor" window, check "Enable", then you will be able to add external SRT/ASS/SSA subtitle (www.multipelife.com/add-subtitles-to-dvd-movies.html) files to the video as hard subtitles. You also can see other 6 main funtions in this "Video Editor" window, you can have a trail for fun.
Step 4: Start the conversion.
Go back to the main UI and click "Convert"button to start DVD movies to Samsung TV customized file format conversion process.
When the conversion is completed, embrace yourself to enjoy DVD movies on Samsung TV via Kodi on QNAP NAS.
Hot Articles & Reviews
- How to Play DVD Ripped IFO and ISO image file on Kodi (www.multipelife.com/play-dvd-ifo-iso-on-kodi.html)
- Ripping for Playing DVD on Raspberry Pi with Kodi (www.multipelife.com/play-dvd-on-raspberry-pi.html)
- Backup Blu-rays to Kodi for Playing via Home Network (www.multipelife.com/convert-blu-ray-for-xbmc.html)
- How to Play Blu-ray/DVD Movies Using Kodi on Android TV Box? (www.multipelife.com/watch-blu-ray-dvd-on-android-tv-via-kodi.html)
- Stream Movie from QNAP NAS to 4K TV (www.pavtube.com/stream-movie-from-nas-to-4k-tv.html)
- 4 Methods to Backup Blu-ray to QNAP TS-1635 NAS (www.multipelife.com/backup-blu-ray-to-qnap-ts-1635-nas.html)
- 3 Methods to Backup Blu-ray to QNAP TS-231P NAS3 (www.multipelife.com/backup-blu-ray-to-qnap-ts-231p-nas.html)
- Difference between Synology NAS and QNAP NAS (www.multipelife.com/synology-nas-vs-qnap-nas.html)
- How to use QNAP NAS on TV Via HD Station and Kodi Application? (www.multipelife.com/use-qnap-nas-on-tv.html)
- Tutorial: Master Your Plex Media Server with a QNAP NAS (www.multipelife.com/how-to-use-plex-with-qnap.html)