Joined: 08 Nov 2016
Posted: Mon Feb 12, 2018 9:19 am ()
Post subject: Solutions to Solve VLC Player Won't Play a Blu-ray Disc
|How do I View Blu-rays on VLC without physical disc
If you're having problems playing Blu-ray discs on VLC Media Player, try the following the 4 solutions to fix the VLC and Blu-ray playback issue: upgrading VLC, downloading keys database, using VLC alternative or ripping Blu-ray to VLC playable format..
If you've already invested in lots of Blu-ray discs, you may wanna watch your favorite Blu-ray movies in VLC, with high-definition content. To better support Blu-Ray playback in Windows PC, VideoLAN and the VLC development team present the fifth version of "Twoflower" which is VLC 2.0.4 (now the version is 2.2.6). The major updated VLC introduces an important number of fixes and improvements especially for Blu-Ray support. However, for legal reasons, AACS and BD+ DRM libraries and keys still are not shipped. Here I'd like to share a full guide on how to get Blu-ray playable on VLC (www.mediadimo.com/play-bluray-with-vlc.html) in 4 ways.
First and easiest way - Upgrade VLC Media Player to recent version
Download a copy of latest free VLC media player which is version 2.2.6. Run and install. It comes with multiple fixes for Bluray discs playback with VLC.
Second and Complex Way: Download and place keys database
Download VLC player (www.videolan.org/vlc/) on computer (Wins & Mac)
Go to: vlc-bluray.whoknowsmy.name/ to download the KEYS DATABASE(KEYDB.cfg) and AACS DYNAMIC LIBRARY(libaacs.dll for Windows or libaacs.dylib for Mac).
For Windows Users:
1. KEYS DATABASE
* Open your user area ("C:\Users\your username\AppData")
* Enable view hidden files and folders (Under Folder Options – View tab then select "show hidden files…"->select ok)
* Open "AppData" directory or create a folder and name it aacs
* Place the downloaded KEYDB.cfg file in this folder directly.
Download Install AACS dynamic library for VLC to use:
2. AACS DYNAMIC LIBRARY
* Go to "c:\Program Files" [Or "c:\Program Files (x86)" if running 64bit]
* Navigate to "VLC" directory, and move the libaacs.dll file into it.
Now, you can easily play Blu-Ray disc with VLC on Windows for free. Note: The latest VLC still doesn't have menu support yet.
For Mac users:
You may navigate the corresponding folder and move into the necessary files as follow. Go to: vlc-bluray.whoknowsmy.name/, get the necessary files.
1. KEYS Database
Mac OS: put it in ~/Library/Preferences/aacs/ (create it if it does not exist)
2. AACS Dynamic Library
Mac OS: right-click on VLC, choose "Show package contents" and put that file in Contents/MacOS/lib/
Now, you can easily play Blu-Ray disc with VLC.
Third and direct solution: Find another Blu-ray player
Here are some of the best blu-ray player software programs for the Windows as VLC alternatives:
8K Player (www.mediadimo.com/8k-player)
* It is such a perfect free video player supporting any HD/SD video formats, H.265, MP4, M2TS, AVCHD, MOD, TOD, MPEG2, VOB, MP4, MP4, WMV, MOV, FLV, WebM, M4V etc. as well as audios MP3, WAV, FLAC and more.
* The Blu-ray Power version supports Blu-ray, DVD discs with different region code. Blu-ray/DVD folder and ISO filea are also supported
* It is not only a player but a great video recorder, gif maker, etc..
* Bundled no adware, malware and virus, it is no harm to your computer at all.
* Supported OS: Windows 2003/XP/Vista/Windows 7/Windows 8.1/Windows 8/Windows 10
Free Download or Purchase 8K Player (Blu-ray Power):
Fourth and always effective Solution: Rip Blu-ray to VLC supported format
1. VLC does not yet support Blu-Ray menus so you must manually select title to play.
2. Most protected Blu-ray disc movies are not supported.
3. It is hard to find a proper Blu-ray player without crashing or buffering issues sometimes.
In this case, I am afraid that there is no other solution but to hire a paid Blu-Ray ripper to rip Blu-Ray to VLC playable video format and easy access Blu-ray movies without a disc inserted. And your primary concern may be how to keep the best compromise between high visual quality and less take-up of storage.
So, cheer up now! Just cast aside VLC and turn to Dimo Video Converter Ultimate (www.mediadimo.com/video-converter-ultimate) (Windows 10) which can help you rip any Blu-ray to VLC-friendly format with fast speed and high output video quality. The process is very straightforward. Pop in your disc, choose an VLC output format (MP4 or MKV), and click "Start". Then go get a cup of coffee (conversion takes time).
Besides, the built-in editor allows you to trim, crop, adjustment video effect, add watermark, etc. to get the best overall video effects. Note that optimized preset for playback Blu-ray on mobile devices like iPhone (www.mediadimo.com/copy-deadpool-blu-ray-to-iphone.html), iPad, PSP, Xbox, VR (www.mediadimo.com/play-3d-blu-ray-on-vr-headsets.html), TV, editors, etc. are also in the support list. By the way,if you are using VLC on Mac (including 10.13 OS High Sierra), try Dimo Video Converter Ultimate for Mac (www.mediadimo.com/video-converter-ultimate-for-mac) to convert Blu-ray format. Below are the detailed steps.
Free Download Dimo Video Converter Ultimate (Win/Mac):
How to easily convert Blu-ray to VLC in high quality
1. Insert your Blu-ray disc to the BD drive, then launch the Blu-ray ripping software and click the "Add Blu-ray" button to have the Blu-ray content imported. In addition to Blu-ray, DVD and video files like MP4 (www.mediadimo.com/vlc-wont-play-mp4-solved.html), MOV, VOB, AVI, WMV, etc. are also supported.
Note: You can freely choose the audio track as you like for output.
2. Click the "Select Format" bar and you can choose "Format -> Video -> MP4/MKV" as the target format. This format can be played well on your iTunes, iPad, Apple TV also.
Tip: You can also check the "Settings" box , and set video codec, video size, Bitrate, frame rate to get a decent video you want on your VLC player.
3. Hit Start button to start Blu-ray conversion. During the process, you can view detailed progress info, and preview the progress with real time images. OK. Leave the rest to the best Blu-ray to VLC Converter, and everything will be done very quickly.After conversion, you can click the "Open" button to find the converted Blu-ray files. Mow you can add and play the BD contents with VLC player at ease.
Just like the saying goes, where there is a will, there is a way. Watching Blu-ray movies on VLC and transferring (www.mediadimo.com/mirror-videos.html) to devices for enjoying anywhere you like is easy as ABC now.
Free Download or Purchase Dimo Video Converter Ultimate:
The price of Dimo Video Converter Ultimate for Windows is divided into 1 Year Subscription, Lifetime/Family/Business License: $43.95/Year; $45.95/lifetime license; $95.95/family license(2-4 PCs); $189.95/business pack(5-8 PCs). Get your needed one at purchase page (www.mediadimo.com/video-converter-ultimate/purchase).
BDmate (Win (www.mediadimo.com/bdmate)/Mac (www.mediadimo.com/bdmate-for-mac))
Lossless backup Blu-ray to MKV with all audio and subtitle tracks; Rip Blu-ray to multi-track MP4; Convert Blu-ray to almost all popular video/audio formats and devices; Copy Blu-ray to ISO; Share digitized Blu-ray wirelessly.
DVDmate (Win (www.mediadimo.com/dvdmate)/Mac (www.mediadimo.com/dvdmate-for-mac))
A professional DVD ripping and editing tool with strong ability to remove DVD protection, transcode DVD to any video and audio format, and edit DVD to create personal movie.
Videomate (Win (www.mediadimo.com/videomate)/Mac (www.mediadimo.com/videomate-for-mac))
An all-around video converter software program that enables you to convert various video and audio files to formats that are supported by most multimedia devices.
Big news! To celebrate the 2018 Valentine's Day Day, DimoSoft hold the unbeatable promotion you have never met here. You can enjoy free gifts (www.mediadimo.com/free-video-converter) and up to 80% big discount (www.mediadimo.com/valentine-offer) before Feb, 28th, you will not miss it!
[email@example.com]Contact us[/email] or leave a message at Facebook (www.facebook.com/mediadimo/) if you have any issues.
Source: 4 Ways to Get Blu-ray to Play on VLC Player (lovemtime.blogspot.com/2016/12/play-bluray-on-vlc.html)
- Edit iPhone 7 4K Video with Premiere Pro Flawlessly (beginvideohome.over-blog.com/downscale-iphone-4k-to-premiere-pro.html)
- Make 4K files from 5D Mark IV editable by Premiere Pro (macmediatool.over-blog.com/canon-5d-mark-iv-4k-to-premiere.html)
- Daydream View Guide- Play any 3D video on Daydream View VR (camtopics.blogspot.com/2017/08/watch-3d-on-daydream-vr.html)
- PowerPoint AVI - How to Insert and Playback AVI in PowerPoint (camtopics.blogspot.com/2017/08/embed-avi-to-powerpoint.html)
- Watch 3D movies on Sunnypeak VRG-10900 via iPhone (camtopics.blogspot.com/2017/08/put-3d-to-sunnypeak-vr.html)
- Make 3D/VR Movies for viewing on Oculus Rift (camtopics.blogspot.com/2017/08/play-3d-movies-on-oculus-rift.html)
- How to Download 60th Grammy Awards related music/videos (www.mediadimo.com/grammy-awards-music-video-download.html)
- How to Download Badrinath Ki Dulhania Songs in MP3/MP4 (www.mediadimo.com/download-badrinath-ki-dulhania-songs.html)
- Download Taylor Swift Songs on Mac with Blistering Speed (www.mediadimo.com/download-taylor-swift-songs.html)
- How to Download US Open 2017 matches for watching (www.mediadimo.com/watch-us-open-2017-free.html)